The Environmental Research Institute of the States (ERIS) is a 501(c)3 education and research non-profit that supports the Environmental Council of the States. ERIS is not a membership organization.
The purposes of ERIS are:
- To improve the environment of the United States; and
- To further the understanding of the roles and activities of the states in the federal system with respect to environmental protection; and
- To conduct environmental policy research including the dissemination of results through publications, meetings, electronic media, and similar venues; and
- To act as a forum where state environmental policy makers interact with other environmental stakeholders regarding environmental policy in the United States; and
- To provide education programs to assist in the development of environmental policy in the United States; and
- To support and operate on behalf of the Environmental Council of the States.
The Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC) is a project housed under ERIS. ITRC is a state led coalition of regulators, industry experts, academia, citizen stakeholders, and federal partners working together ro increase regulatory acceptance of state-of-the-art environmental technologies and approaches. To find out more about ITRC click on www.itrcweb.org
State Authorities and Practices regarding Management of Wastewater Systems. This report is available here.
ERIS Board Members:
Mike Linder, President
Bob King, Vice President
Steven A. Thompson, Secretary-Treasurer
Bill Holman, Board Member
Christopher Jones, Board Member
Sara Pauley, Board Member
David Paylor, Board Member